BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Monday, June 26, 2017

Turn My Eyes



 “Give me an eagerness for your decrees; do not inflict me with love for money! Turn my eyes from worthless things, and give me life through your word.” Psalm 119:36,37(New Living Translation)

As the parent of adult children and grandmother to 9, my heart is more and more towards how I can effectively pray for my family. As I read these words from Psalm 119, I felt like the verses literally jumped off the page at me! Why hadn’t I noticed them before?

A change of translation can often do that and I was thankful for the way that God not only grabbed my attention but also gave me some specific verses that I could pray for family members. 

Lord I don’t want to have my eyes turned to worthless things. I don’t want to waste my life Lord, or waste the hours in each day. And for sure I don’t want my children and grandchildren to be wasting their hours and lives either. Instead, give me life through Your Word! Would you do that for them too Lord?

It’s so easy to be sucked into the things that the world around says are important, most of which centers around self-satisfaction and the love for money. But instead these verses reminded me that I can ask God to change my heart, and turn my eyes. I love this translation…..’do not inflict me with love for money’! Who thinks of it that way anyway? That it is something I can pray against in my own life and the life of those closest to me. Definitely something to think about and apply!

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for the reminder from Your Word that I can ask You to turn my eyes from worthless things and instead to give me an eagerness for those things that are near to your heart. Give me life through Your Word dear Lord. Amen
 
Action Step:
What worthless things consume your heart, mind or time? Ask God to give you an eagerness for His word instead and a heart to please Him in every way.

1 comment:

Anneliese said...

Amen! Yes... that we may discern what is worthless and what is lasting.