BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Monday, July 10, 2017

His Plans, Not Mine



 “The Lord will work out his plans for my life – for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever. Don’t abandon me, for you made me.” Psalm 138:8 (NLT)

The news from the surgeon had not been good and to complicate an already difficult situation I would have to wait for the surgery required to deal with the daily pain I was experiencing.  In this instant society that we live in there were no instant answers and so I would have to wait. As I shared the news with friends and family the overwhelming response was ‘Oh that’s terrible!’

And for a few moments I agreed! I had put on a brave front all day but now in the quiet moments before I turned off the light for the night, I opened my bible and my eyes fell on the words I had marked up the night before…. The Lord will work out his plans for my life…. Really Lord? Even now? Even with this new news? ….Yes child, even now.

Nothing had changed. He was still the same God, and He was still sovereign and in control. He had made me and there was nothing that was a surprise to Him, therefore I could depend on Him. He wasn’t going to abandon me because after all, He hade made.

As I read on that night, I read Psalm 139 and it was as if I was reading the words for the first time again. You chart the path ahead of me and tell me where to stop and rest. Every moment you know where I am.(vs 3). I was stopping and resting a lot these days but God already knew that and I could trust and depend on Him.

Falling asleep that night my heart was singing and remembering, How precious are your thoughts about me, Oh God! (vs 17a) I knew then that I could trust in His plans, not mine!

Dear Heavenly Father,
Help me to depend on You, regardless of the situation I am facing today or the pain that I am in. May I remember that your promises have not changed and that I need to wait on You as You have told me, to be obedient to Your Word, and to remember always that You are still in control and I can depend on You to do exactly what You promised to do. Amen

1 comment:

Anneliese said...

I love that assurance that He charts the path ahead of us. There is no comfort like the comfort He whispers to us in His Word.